Mukhya Mantri Anila Bhagya Yojana (MMABY): The state government of Karnataka has launched its much awaited Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya scheme to provide free LPG connection to its citizens. Under the Anila Bhagya scheme, the Karnataka government would provide free LPG gas connection along with a double gas burner stove and two cylinder refills to each beneficiary particularly BPL families. In this article, we will tell you how to apply by filling Anila Bhagya Scheme online application / registration form.
Anila Bhagya Scheme Latest Updates
22 Aug 2021
Anila Bhagya Scheme Closed, Apply for PM Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 NowKarnataka Anila Bhagya Scheme has been closed but all those people who wants to get free LPG connection can now apply online for PM Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 at the official website at pmuy.gov.in
Karnataka Anila Bhagya Scheme 2023 Apply Online
Under Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya LPG Scheme, the state government provides free LPG connection, double gas burner stove, 2 cylinder refills to beneficiaries in the state. The beneficiaries can avail the scheme benefits by making Anila Bhagya Scheme registrations through online or offline modes. The application forms for the scheme would be invited through online mode. After the applications are made, the government would take about 30 days to process the applications and provide scheme benefits. Any BPL holder who has not availed the benefits of centrally sponsored free LPG connection scheme (PM Ujjwala Yojana) can apply online for Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya Yojana.
Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya Yojana Registration / Application Form
Online Application Process: The applications for the Anila Bhagya scheme will be invited through the online mode at the official website of Karnataka State government or a dedicated scheme portal. The interested candidate can follow the prescribed steps to make online registration for the scheme.
Offline Application Process: The offline application forms for the scheme can be submitted to the nearest Gram Panchayat in rural areas while people living in urban areas can apply for the scheme by visiting their respective ward offices.
Once the applications are made, the details of the applicants would be matched against the SECC-2011 data list to make sure the beneficiary has not already availed free LPG connection under PM Ujjwala Yojana. Applications of candidates found to have already availed Ujjwala Yojana benefits would be rejected.
Eligibility Criteria for Anila Bhagya Scheme
Below is the basic criteria for Anila Bhagya free LPG scheme in the Karnataka state:-
- The benefit of the scheme is only for Karnataka citizens who belongs to below poverty line (BPL) families.
- The PHH (Priority Household) and AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana) Ration Cardholders who do not possess an LPG connection are eligible.
- All construction workers who are registered with Karnataka Building and Other Construction Workers Board who do not have LPG connection.
- The applicants who possesses Aadhar number can apply.
- The beneficiaries of Ujjwala scheme will not be able to take the benefits of the scheme.
- After submitting the form, the name of beneficiary will be cross-checked with the data of Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011.
Funding Allocation of Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya Scheme
- Food department would be the implementing department on behalf of other four participating departments namely Food Department, Consumer Affairs, Civil Supplies and Legal Metrology, KBOCWWB under Department of Social Welfare, Department of Labour and Department of Forest Ecology and Environment. Other departments/board/corporation of the Government willing to implement this scheme can approach the Food Department.
- Funds would be transferred from each department to the implementing department — the department of food and civil supplies depending on the number of beneficiaries selected under the particular department’s head.
- If an applicant belongs to various categories, then preference would be given according to the below-given preferences.
- Construction worker
- Forest Department
- Food Department
- Several departments transfer subsidy towards their set of beneficiaries to the Department of Food, Civil Supplies, Consumer Affairs and Legal Metrology.
- The Security Deposit (SD) for cylinder, regulator, Suraksha Hose, DGC booklet, inspection and installation charges and first refill charge would be paid to certain selected gas agency in advance by cheque/DD that would be handed to the gas agency by the Deputy Commissioner along with the MMABY beneficiaries every month.
- The subsequent refill charges would be paid to the gas agency every quarter as reimbursement on a claim made by the agency.
Implementation of Mukhya Mantri Anila Bhagya Yojana (MMABY)
- A district-level selection and monitoring committee managed by the Minister in-charge of the district is responsible for selecting the beneficiaries.
- The list of citizens who do not have non-gas households Ration Cards would be given to the district level selection and monitoring committee.
- Within the district, the Member Secretary calculates the number of beneficiaries in Phase-I FPS wise, following the same procedure that has been followed in calculating Phase-I target for the district in the State.
- The Member Secretary gives the guidelines of MMABY and hands over the target list FPS wise to the MLAs of the committee to select beneficiaries for Phase-I.
- If the MLA is unable to finalize the list of Phase I beneficiaries within a week, then the District Selection Committee recommends the authority to finalize the list.
- The Forest Department has decided the list of beneficiaries for the Financial Year 2017-18. Therefore the RFO would be responsible for entering their applications in the Common Application Form.
- The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana beneficiaries who have already received their gas connections will not be eligible for free gas stove and refills under the scheme.
- After communicating to the Phase-I beneficiaries, any female member in the PHH/AAY ration card of that family above 18 years of age can approach the Gram Panchayat office/Jana Snehi Kendra/Bangalore 1/Karnataka 1 centre and apply for MMABY in the prescribed application.
- All Phase-I applicant has to provide the Aadhaar number at the service Kiosk and ensure the presence of gas connection in the household.
- The applicant can select the agency present in that area while submitting the application.
- Once the application is completed, an endorsement would be issued to the eligible beneficiaries of Phase-I. This endorsement states that the applicant is eligible to apply for MMABY.
- The application would be forwarded to the food inspector. A unique Consumer ID number would be generated that is used for all subsequent purposes. The applicant receives an SMS after verifying by FI.
- A photocopy of cheque and the beneficiary list is sent to each beneficiary through FI. The beneficiary hands over the pre-filled application form, the MMABY acknowledgement, photocopy of cheque and release order to the LPG distributor.
- On getting clearance from the OMCs, the distributor releases the SV to the beneficiary and uploads the particulars in the Web Portal of FCS software using login-id and password.
Monitoring and Supervision of Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya Yojana
The following authorities are responsible for monitoring and supervising the implementation and working of the scheme:
- Constitution of State Level Empowered Committee
- Constitution of a District Level Vigilance and Monitoring Committee
- Constitution of District Level Planning and Implementation Committee
- State and District Level Committee
Evaluation of the Mukhya Mantri Anila Bhagya Scheme
Karnataka Evaluation Authority (KEA) following the guidelines of the Department of planning, programme monitoring and statistics would be considered as external evaluators for the scheme to carry out the evaluation of the scheme.
Benefits under Anila Bhagya Scheme over PMUY
There are a few additional benefits being offered under the Anila Bhagya free LPG connection scheme over the Ujjwala Yojana as below.
- An additional gas stove would be provided to all the eligible BPL card holders under Anila Bhagya scheme.
- Whether eligible or not for Ujjwala Yojana, all BPL card holders to get free LPG connection under the scheme.
- No need to be present in SECC-2011 BPL list, just hold a BPL card and get a free LPG connection and a gas stove.
The total cost of the Anila Bhagya scheme implementation would be borne by the Karnataka state government and no central assistance would be provided.
Need for Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya Scheme
According to the notification, the central government’s Ujjwala scheme has failed to cover all the beneficiary in the state. As per the released data, only 6-7 lakh beneficiaries have taken the benefits of Ujjwala scheme which was insufficient compared to requirement. In addition, gas companies in the state are working on improving the infrastructure in rural areas to provide door to door delivery of cylinders. The state government would also deliver the two burner gas stoves at the residences of beneficiaries.
MMABY Beneficiary Status Phase 1
Here is the direct link to check Anila Bhagya Scheme beneficiary status for phase 1 – https://ahara.kar.nic.in/fcsstat/stat_mmaby_phase1_ben.aspx
Anila Bhagya Yojana Earlier Updates
Here are some of the earlier updates regarding anila bhagya yojana. It is important to note that language of writing is as of the update date itself.
Anila Bhagya in Karnataka Budget 2018-19
Karnataka State govt. has allocated Rs. 1350 crore in Karnataka Budget 2018-19 to benefit 30 lakh people.
Central OR State Information: State
Location : Karnataka
Published Date : 2023
Information Term : Short
Purpose of Information : Employee
Information Format : JPJ
Information Size : 672kb
Number of Pages : 02
Scanned Copy : Yes
Information Editable Text : No
Password Protected : No
Image Available : Yes
Download Link Available : Yes
Copy Text : No
Information Print Enable : Yes
File Quality : High
File size Reduced : No
File Password : No
Rate : Free of cost
For Personal Use Only
Save water, Save life’s.!!
Please Note ; We have collected this content from the internet ,for education purpose its very helpful to students, if you find this is copyrighted content and belongs to you please contact to the admin to remove this content from our website.
|Apply Online||Go to the Page|
Thanks for Visiting Our website.