INSPIRE Scholarship 2022-23
INSPIRE Scholarship 2022-23– Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
INSPIRE Scholarship 2022 for Higher Education (SHE) is a scholarship programme implemented by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. It is a scholarship scheme that comes under Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE), a flagship programme of DST. Meant for meritorious students undertaking bachelor’s and master’s courses in Natural and Basic Sciences, INSPIRE Scholarship offers 10,000 scholarships every year. Under SHE, each selected candidate receives INR 80,000 annually for pursuing any subject of Natural or Basic Sciences.
INSPIRE Scholarship – Rewards
Under the scheme SHE, each selected candidate gets a scholarship amount valued at INR 80,000 per annum for the study of Science and Technology and pursue research as a career. The maximum period for which the students can avail the benefits of this scholarship is five years or till the completion of the course (whichever is earlier). Find below the complete details of the benefits granted under this scholarship.
Awards & Benefits of INSPIRE Scholarship
Total Scholarship Value Benefits
INR 80,000 per annum Cash payable to selected students is INR 60,000 per annum
INR 20,000 as summer time attachment fee is paid to those candidates who undertake summer time research project
Note: All the selected candidates need to undertake summer research projects under the guidance of an active researcher in a recognised research center of India.
INSPIRE Scholarship – Key Dates
The scholarship is announced every year during the mid of October and ends at the end of the month of December. INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education 2020 has been announced. Find below the table indicating the tentative dates of the scholarship.
Key Dates of INSPIRE Scholarship
S.No. Event Key Dates
1. Online application starts 1st November 2020
2. Online application closes 31st December 2020
3. Release of list of shortlisted candidates April/May*
INSPIRE Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for SHE, the applicants must have passed class 12 in 2020 (only) and pursuing courses in Natural Sciences at the B.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc. level. Given below is the detailed information about the eligibility criteria of this scholarship.
The applicant must be within the age group of 17-22 years.
The candidate must be among the top 1% of the successful students in terms of aggregate marks in his/her class 12 board exam.
The applicant must be enrolled in courses of Natural and Basic Sciences at the BSc, BS, and Integrated MSc/MS level in the same year of passing class 12.
The applicants who are among the top 10,000 rankers in Joint Entrance Examination of IIT, AIEEE (top 20,000 rankers) & cleared CBSE-Medical (AIPTM) and have opted to study Natural/Basic Sciences are eligible.
The candidates who are admitted to Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai for pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree are also eligible.
The applicants who are KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Olympiad Medallists and Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholar and are pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree are eligible.
The subjects that come under the scope of Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) are mentioned in the table given below.
INSPIRE Scholarship – Application Process
The applications for INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) are accepted online through the online portal of the INSPIRE Programme. Given below is the complete guideline on how to apply for the scholarship.
Step 1: First the applicant must register as a new user on the INSPIRE scholarship portal. Click here to visit the official portal. Click on ‘New User? Register here‘. The candidate must enter his/her name, gender, date of birth, email, password, eligibility criteria and verification code for successful registration.
Important Documents of INSPIRE Scholarship
S.No. Name of Document Type and size of file
1. Applicant’s passport size photograph JPEG format with size not more than 50 KB
2. Community/caste certificate in case the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST category PDF format with size not more than 1 MB
3. Eligibility note or advisory note if provided by the State/Central Board PDF format with size not more than 1 MB
4. Class 12th mark sheet PDF format with size not more than 1 MB
5. Class 10th mark sheet or certificate (for proof of Date of Birth) PDF format with size not more than 1 MB
6. Certificate specifying rank/award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE / International Olympic Medallists (if the candidate is eligible under this criterion) PDF format with size not more than 1 MB
7. Endorsement Form signed by the Principal of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the University PDF format with size not more than 1 MB
8. First page of applicant’s SBI bank passbook PDF format with size not more than 1 MB