Sandhya Suraksha Yojane 2021
The Karnataka government has launched a Sandhya Suroja scheme to provide financial assistance to senior citizens of Karnataka in the form of monthly pensions.
- Under this scheme, beneficiaries will get a fixed monthly pension of Rs. 1000 Rs.
- Beneficiaries using KSRTC for travel get bus pass at discounted rate.
- Apart from a regular pension, the government also provides medical benefits to beneficiaries through NGOs. Old age is the time that requires maximum medical care.
- The Sandhya Suraksha scheme not only provides financial assistance to eligible beneficiaries, but also provides NGOs with the necessary assistance to establish elderly homes to assist senior citizens.
- NGOs that assist the government in implementing the scheme also issue identification cards to the beneficiaries of the project. For every issue of identity cards, NGOs pay Rs. 25.
- The government has set up day care centers to look after a senior citizen and support them.
- Helplines have also been set up in various places, with the assistance of the Police Department and NGOs. Under this scheme, the police respond to every pressure call made by senior citizens.
The eligibility criteria for applying for Sandhya Suraksha scheme are as follows.
- Applicant should be a Permanent Resident of Karnataka.
- Applicant must be 65 years and above.
- The total annual income of the proposed pensioner and his or her spouse shall not exceed Rs. 20,000 / – as certified by the Local Revenue Authority.
- If the income is declared by the beneficiary himself / herself, the income of the adult child will not be counted towards the income of the intended Social Security pensioner.
- The total value of the total deposits held by the pensioner and his spouse should not exceed Rs.10,000 / -.
- Older pensioners, needy widows or physically disabled pensioners or individuals who receive any kind of pension from public or private sources are not eligible for the scheme.
Beneficiaries under this scheme are selected from the following categories.
- Small farmers
- At least the farmers
- Agricultural laborers.
This does not apply to persons covered by the Unorganized Sector Workers but the Building and Other Construction Workers (Employment Regulation and Services Conditions) Act 1996.
- Proof of residence
- Income certificate
- Proof of age: Date of birth with valid proof (SSLC Marks Card, Passport, Driving License, Ration Card, TC or Electoral Identity Card)
- Residence certificate
- Bank Passbook
Occupational certification will be signed by Tahsildar of the respective taluk.
- Applicants only need to apply through offline methods and you can follow these steps:
- Download Sandhya Suraksha scheme application form.
- Fill in the application form with the necessary details.
- Attach the application form with the required documents.
- Submit the application form to the Grama Panchayat Office or Block, Municipal Office of your area.
|Application Status||Go To The page|
|Apply Online||Go to The page|
|Contect Address Helpline||Visit Site|